Assistant, Associate and Full Professorship Positions at the Institute of Biology and Biotechnology, Bezmialem Vakif University
The Institute of Biology and Biotechnology at the Bezmialem Vakif University, is seeking to fill tenure-track faculty positions starting fall of 2017 until the end of 2018.
Candidates with strong basic science and/or translational research in any of these broad areas of interests are encouraged to apply:
● Immunology (preferred background in viral, bacterial, tumor and/or parasite immunology)
● Pathobiology (preferred experiences in infectious processes and/or inflammation)
● Biotechnology (preferred experiences in the next generation laboratory technologies and their applications in the health sciences and industries i.e production of biosimilar and, biobetters in various systems)
● Molecular Biology (preferred experience in basic research on biological processes)
Candidates with strong background and leadership in their research after their PhD and have graduate level teaching experiences will be preferred. For select candidates with positions at overseas institutions, adjunct positions might also be considered. Selected candidates will be expected to send, and later present their planned research goals and expected be built on the already existing infrastructures of The Institute of Biology and Biotechnology (YABBE). The planned presentation should include their expected growth strategies focusing in one of the research interest areas given above, highlighting the synergy with the current strengths of the University. The selected candidates will form the nucleus faculty of the newly established Institute. The hired faculty will be provided with adequate laboratory space and a strong start up funds.
The applicant(s) in one of the above interest will be selected in 2017, the selection process will continue until all available positions are filled.
Applicants to all positions should submit the following materials digitally including:
● A letter of interest that indicates your specific areas of expertise, the specific courses that you are prepared to teach, and long-term plans for research
● A complete c.v.
● Name and contact details for three references
All application materials for above positions should be made as a single, PDF formatted file whose size does not exceed 5 MB and must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection committee will begin screening applications on 15 March 2017 and will continue until the positions are filled. The applicants will be informed after the evaluation process is completed.